Ads 468x60px

Sunday, September 4, 2011

How I spent my summer

Between moving into a new place and three weeks spent recovering from surgery, I made time to get some quilts [nearly] finished.  Here are some of the new quilts: some already quilted waiting for binding and some that are just pieced.

Take me out to the ball game...

 
The baseball quilt (48"x64") is raffle quilt (as soon as I get it finished and handed off to the team). The pattern is the basic Turning Twenty quilt.

This is actually version two of the baseball quilt. The first version was also a Turning Twenty pattern, but not the original with its three-piece block, but the Turning Twenty pattern that has a seven-piece block. As I put it together, I realized it was WAY too busy. Luckily, I had purchased lots of baseball-themed fabric, so I could make a second quilt.

I'm thinking of sashing the blocks from the first quilt with a solid color and possibly setting them on point to see if that takes the "busy" away.

It's quilted already with a baseball pattern. (not sure you can see it in the photo)


Another Turning Twenty

The bold prints in today's fabrics make the Turning Twenty pattern such a great way to do a quick quilt that still has impact. This quilt is made up of jewel tone fabrics that work so well together.

This is bigger than baseball Turning Twenty quilt at 70" wide and 84" long. I put on the scrappy-looking border.

 I love the bright yellow in the quilt and I think that's the color I'll use for the binding.




Black & White BOM
It only took me eight additional months to finish this 2010 BOM quilt (64" x 80"). If you look at my finished quilts, this quilt is the black & white version of the large batik BOM quilt.

This quilt has an added feature that I'm not sure you can see on this photo. If you look closely, you'll see a thin red line in the border. It's a flange! My first one. It was so easy to add in, but I made some mistakes putting it in. I should have built the inner border, flange, and outer border as a unit and then mitered the border. 

I have a two more quilts that I will feature in another post because I'm not sure how I feel about them. They're actually from the same pattern, but the color combinations aren't rocking my world.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

There is shocking news in the sports betting world.

It's been said that any bettor needs to see this,

Watch this now or stop placing bets on sports...

Sports Cash System - SPORTS BETTING ROBOT

Post a Comment